Sunday, February 13, 2011

BUJU BANTON wins GRAMMY'S BEST REGGAE ALBUM

BUJU Banton has won the Grammy Award in the Best Reggae Album category. . Banton was nominated for his Before the Dawn album.
Other nominees were Gregory Isaacs and King Isaac - Isaacs Meets Isaac; Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Revelation; Bob Sinclair and Sly and Robbie - Made in Jamaica; Sly and Robbie and the Family Taxi - One Pop Reggae; and Andrew Tosh - Legacy: An Acoustic Tribute to Peter Tosh.
Responding to the nomination, a statement from Banton's management over the weekend quoted Buju as saying, "It feels good. I have been nominated four times before although I never won. To me it means a lot because it shows that my music has transcended a lot of borders and people are now paying attention to what I'm saying in-depth."
Banton goes on trial in the United States tomorrow on drug charges.
He faces up to 20 years in prison.

No comments: